East Orlando Preds – Frequently Asked Questions
● For Flag football, the registration includes a game jersey, shorts, and socks, all of which the participant keeps.
● Tackle football registration includes; a helmet, shoulder pads, game jersey, game pants, which all but the jersey are returned at the end of the season. Practice Jerseys and Game socks are provided which the participant keeps.
● The cheer registration includes uniforms (Top & Bottom), bloomers, game day bow, and shoes. Uniforms are to be returned at the end of the season. Participants keep their bows. (Registration fee does not include competition bow)
Yes, the discount is $25.00 off your family’s total.
Yes, our online registration process accepts credit cards.
Yes, our registration process is entirely online. After registration, you will receive an email confirming registration. We also will send a welcome email from our President within a few days of registration. There is no need to upload any documents during registration, and we will collect them in person at a later time.
No, AAU Football is an unlimited weight with no position restrictions.
The East Orlando Preds do not have Minimum Play Rules (MPR) for 10u, 11u, 12u, and 14u football. And we have suggested MPR for 8u based on game-day situations. (See your coach for details)
● 6u Flag Football & 6u Cheer (age 5/6 for football, age 4-6 for cheer)
● 8u Tackle Football & 8u Cheer (7 & 8-year-olds)
● 10u Tackle Football & 10u Cheer (9 & 10-year-olds)
● 11u Tackle Football (we only have 11u football)
● 12u Tackle Football (age 12 for football) & 12u Cheer (age 11 & 12)
● 14u Tackle Football & 14u Cheer (13 & 14-year-olds)
Roster sizes may vary, but the 6u Flag maximum is 25 participants.
● 8u, 10u, 11u, 12u, 14u Tackle are approximately 35 participants.
● Cheer can have up to 25 participants per age group.
The season consists of home and away games throughout Central Florida. The farthest game might be 45 minutes away.
Practices and home games are held at University High School.
Football & Cheer:
Beginning in July, practice is the first two weeks, Monday through Friday, from 5:45 pm to approx 7:45 pm. This is a mandatory league-wide for conditioning requirement for both cheer and football. (flag may differ, the head coach will advise)
Then practices are held on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 5:45 pm to approximately 7:45 pm. (Friday is generally more of a walkthrough, prep for game day.
During competition later in the season, a few Sunday practices for one hour each are added. This is for the opportunity to practice routines on mats for the competition in a gym setting.
The season begins on the first Monday of July and lasts until November. Possibly December if teams make it to Nationals. (Which we historically do!) We will communicate the game schedule once ACYAA releases the schedule.
Hair must be pulled back. NO jewelry is allowed at practice or games. You can wear any shorts or shirt, no denim is allowed. Sneakers must be worn. Cheer shoes that are supplied with your uniform are only to be used during games and competitions.
Yes, cheer squads will compete in at least three competitions during the regular season, with the opportunity to attend up to 6 based on placement in those competitions.
Although we hope it never happens, circumstances may dictate that, from time to time, a participant may be unable to stay with us for the season. In such cases, the following refund policy will apply.
Refunds, if provided, will be processed in the following manner:
● A full refund minus a $50.00 administrative fee will be processed if a refund is requested and approved by July 1, 2023
● A refund of 50% will be processed if a refund is requested and approved between July 2 and July 10, 2023. A $50 administrative fee will be non-refundable.
● NO refunds will be processed after July 11, 2023
The Request for Refund Procedure
All requests for refunds must be made in writing or by email. Once the request has been approved, a refund check or payment reversal will be sent to the applicant. You can email your request by clicking on REFUND REQUEST.
In all circumstances, any equipment issued to a participant must be returned before any refund will be processed.